Thursday, January 31, 2008

Finally - My Blog, I blog

After mulling over this for nearly thousand years, I finally...phew!!, I decided to start blogging. I have always loved writing, I am uncontrollable when it comes to writing mails; its some kind of a weakness, an impulse I reckon. Once I start writing an e-mail, I just keep on going, rambling, my discursive thoughts (not always..many a times they have some logic) taking me from one paragraph to another. This fact has, intensely been verified by the hundreds (guess its really 'tens') of recipients who have received, read and replied my mails. I have not yet fully understood the reason behind this obsession.

Given all my love for writing e-mails, letters etc., I have been highly reluctant, apprehensive and doubtful with blogging. The thought of writing a blog and maintaining it religiously represented a challenge, unseen and unknown to me..(atleast I think so!!). But I must thank one of my friends, whose blog I was perusing yesterday, and I got suddenly ('smirk') fascinated by the charm of blogging FINALLY, so much so that I couldn't see any reason why I should not write my own stupid blog. Me and my this friend came to this country, for our graduate studies, during the same academic session in 2 different universities, set in totally different climatic, geographic and socio-economic settings, and hence reading nearly similar personal experiences in her blog, made me think twice - thrice - donno how many times?? - that I should document a part of this new experience, the past, the present and the prospective future.

I think its time to start:

Yesterday was a strange day. I was busy in a conference - it was a departmental competition among various grad students at the verge of completing their PhD's. Attendence was made compulsory for us - the amateurs, the first year grad students. Late evening, I came back, and like the past few days, I dozed off after having a kinda heavy evening snack, slept for 7 hours, from 8pm to 3 am skipping my dinner. It has been this way since the past ten days - this havoc my sleeping disorder is playing with me. May be its a byproduct of worrying madly about the upcoming PhD qualifiers.

Today is Friday (and its February now) the best day of the week coz it gives a feeling of a mere beginning of the weekend, Monday seems centuries away. With the first month of the semester gone, now its time when I won't have to wait very long for the various examinations (Midterms), Lab Report submissions, Assignment submissions, Take-home exercises. "Submissions" is my pet word in grad school. And yesss, today I will get my first set of quiz papers to be graded for the class I am the TA for. I just hope grading turns out to be nice experience, nonetheless I will still get around 5-6 more quizzes to be graded during the course of this semester :P


3 comments:

Arpit Kumar Gupta said...

I concede with your dilemma about you not blogging since I happen to be one of the readers of your mails :). Anyway...nice start. I'll be a regular visitor of this page. Keep blogging.

shrirang said...

Finally u showed up on blogspot !!
looking forward for more!! keep blogging..

NoFace said...

Wow!! This still exits!! Do you remember your own blog Jassi Veerji?!